Alternative and Indie
17 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom16 Events
- Mar 21 2021Mar212021Find ticketsSun 19:00Cardiff University Students Union - CardiffDoves
- Mar 22 2021Mar222021Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Academy Bournemouth - BournemouthDoves
- Mar 23 2021Mar232021Find ticketsTue 18:30Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichDoves
- Mar 25 2021Mar252021Find ticketsThu 19:00Brighton Dome - BrightonDovesLimited Availability
- Mar 26 2021Mar262021Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonDoves
- Mar 27 2021Mar272021Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonDoves
- Mar 29 2021Mar292021Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolDovesLow Availability
- Mar 30 2021Mar302021Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamDoves
- Apr 01 2021Apr012021Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Apollo Manchester - ManchesterDovesLimited Availability
- Apr 02 2021Apr022021Find ticketsFri 18:30Rock City - NottinghamDovesLimited Availability
- Apr 03 2021Apr032021Find ticketsSat 19:00O2 Academy Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneDovesLow Availability
- Apr 05 2021Apr052021Find ticketsMon 19:00Liverpool Olympia - LiverpoolDoves
- Apr 07 2021Apr072021Find ticketsWed 19:00The Limelight - BelfastDoves
- Apr 09 2021Apr092021Find ticketsFri 18:30O2 Academy Sheffield - SheffieldDovesLow Availability
- Apr 10 2021Apr102021Find ticketsSat 19:00Barrowland - GlasgowDoves
- Apr 11 2021Apr112021Find ticketsSun 19:00Barrowland - GlasgowDoves
International Events1 Events
- Apr 06 2021Apr062021Find ticketsTue 19:00Olympia Theatre - Dublin, IrelandDoves
First tour in 12 years coming in 2021
Pre-order the new album The Universal Want here
Doves had something of an usual genesis in '90s Madchester. Founding members Jimi Goodwin, Jez Williams and Andy Williams were all members of Sub Sub, best remembered for their 1993 hit single Ain’t No Love (Ain’t No Use). After a fire at their recording studio in early 1996 essentially spelled the end of the band, Goodwin and the Williams brothers took time out to regroup and returned in 1998 with a new name and a new sound. Thus, Doves were born.
Three early EPs across 1998 and 1999 were met with a positive critical reception, paving the way for the band’s Mercury Prize-nominated debut Lost Souls in 2000. The album earned the band comparisons to fellow Mancunian notables, such as Oasis, Stone Roses and The Charlatans as well as other Britpop luminaries like Radiohead and The Verve.
The band kept moving, quickly building on the success of Lost Souls with its successor The Last Broadcast, which debuted at No.1 in the UK album charts and yielded a No.3 single There Goes The Fear. Again the band found themselves on the shortlist for the Mercury Music Prize.
Following a B-sides compilation Lost Sides, Doves retreated to various spots in the British countryside to work on their third album, Some Cities. By contrast, the album had a more urban and rawer feel than its predecessors. Again, they debuted at No.1.
It took five years for Doves’ fourth album, Kingdom Of Rust, to arrive. It stopped one spot short of The Last Broadcast and Some Cities, peaking at No.2 in the album charts. An extensive world tour followed as well as a performance with the London Bulgarian Choir, as part of the BBC Electric Proms.
In 2010, following the release of a greatest hits compilation, the band announced that they were going on hiatus. In 2014, Jimi Goodwin released his solo debut and the Williams brothers formed a new band, Black Rivers.
In 2018, Doves played their first new shows for some time. In 2019, a new album was touted. The band eventually announced this as The Universal Want, slated for release in September 2020. In July 2020, the band unveiled an extensive UK tour for March and April 2021, their first proper UK tour in 12 years.
The band came out of hiatus in 2018. A new album is coming in September 2020 and a UK tour in March and April 2021.
Doves are playing the following UK cities in 2021:
Doves are from Cheshire. The band met at Wilmslow High School in their teens.
Doves' albums are:
· Lost Souls
· The Last Broadcast
· Some Cities
· Kingdom Of Rust
· The Universal Want