33 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom31 Events
- Nov 09Nov09Find ticketsTue 19:00Ulster Hall Belfast - BelfastPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Nov 17Nov17Wed 19:00Bath Forum - BathPaul WellerOn partner siteFind tickets Bath Forum - BathPaul WellerNov 17 19:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Nov 19Nov19Find ticketsFri 19:00Liverpool Olympia - LiverpoolPaul WellerOn partner site
- Nov 20Nov20Find ticketsSat 19:00Venue Cymru Theatre - LlandudnoPaul WellerOn partner site
- Nov 22Nov22Find ticketsMon 18:30O2 Guildhall Southampton - SouthamptonPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Nov 23Nov23Find ticketsTue 19:00Southend Cliffs Pavilion - Southend-On-SeaPaul WellerOn partner site
- Nov 24Nov24Find ticketsWed 19:30Margate Winter Gardens - MargatePaul WellerOn partner site
- Nov 26Nov26Fri 19:00Victoria Hall - Stoke Paul WellerOn partner siteFind tickets Victoria Hall - Stoke Paul WellerNov 26 19:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Nov 27Nov27Find ticketsSat 19:00The Octagon Centre - SheffieldPaul WellerOn partner site
- Nov 29Nov29Find ticketsMon 19:00Barrowland - GlasgowPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Nov 30Nov30Find ticketsTue 19:00Aberdeen Music Hall - AberdeenPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Dec 03Dec03Find ticketsFri 19:30Norwich Nick Rayns LCR UEA - NorwichPaul WellerOn partner site
- Apr 01 2022Apr012022Find ticketsFri 19:00Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthPaul WellerLimited Availability
- Apr 01 2022Apr012022Find ticketsFri 19:00Portsmouth Guildhall - PortsmouthPaul WellerOn partner site
- Apr 02 2022Apr022022Find ticketsSat 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonPaul WellerLow Availability
- Apr 05 2022Apr052022Find ticketsTue 19:00York Barbican - YorkPaul WellerLow Availability
- Apr 06 2022Apr062022Find ticketsWed 19:00Bonus Arena, Hull - HullPaul WellerLow Availability
- Apr 12 2022Apr122022Find ticketsTue 19:00Dundee Caird Hall - DundeePaul Weller
- Apr 13 2022Apr132022Find ticketsWed 19:00Usher Hall - EdinburghPaul WellerLow Availability
- Apr 15 2022Apr152022Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Apollo Manchester - ManchesterPaul Weller
The Modfather returns
Few people have had as great an influence on the British music scene as Paul Weller. As frontman of The Jam, Weller spearheaded the Mod revival in the late '70s and early '80s, scoring a string of hits, including Going Underground and A Town Called Malice. After The Jam split in the early '80s, Weller immediately formed the neo-soul and American R&B-influenced Style Council with The Merton Parka’s Mick Talbot. Following their disbandment in 1990, Weller embarked on a solo career, with Talbot remaining as a regular contributor.
As Britpop began to dominate in the early and mid '90s, Weller’s influence became apparent, particularly on the likes of Oasis, Blur and Ocean Colour Scene. Following a successful solo bow with his self-titled debut in 1992, Weller teamed up with OCS guitarist Steve Craddock for his second solo album Wild Wood, an album that saw both Weller and Ocean Colour Scene move up the charts.
Buoyed by the success of the top ten hit The Changingman, Weller’s third solo album Stanley Road went straight to No.1 in 1995. With major players like Noel Gallagher acknowledging his influence, Weller became known as the godfather of Britpop or the “Modfather”.
Despite claiming that 2001’s well-received Heliocentric would be his final studio album, Weller continued to be productive throughout the '00s, releasing two live albums, a collection of covers and three further studio albums.
Weller started off a new decade as relevant as ever, earning a Mercury Prize nomination for 2010’s Wake Up The Nation. His follow-up Sonik Kicks debuted at No.1 while its successor Saturn’s Pattern went close, landing at No.2 on the UK album charts. In 2017, Weller released his first film score, for the boxing film Jawbone.
Weller’s 2018 album True Meanings found the songwriter backed by an orchestra, and he went on to promote the record with a series of gigs at the Royal Festival Hall, accompanied by a full orchestra. These shows were recorded and released as Other Aspects in 2018.
In 2020, following the release of On Sunset, Paul Weller announced Mid-Sommer Musik, a 60-minute live stream show set to be broadcast on 12 November 2020.