8 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom7 Events
- 10/05/2022Find ticketsThe SSE Arena, Belfast - Belfast Erasure May 10 2022 18:30Tuesday 18:30The SSE Arena, Belfast - BelfastErasure
- 10/05/2022Find ticketsThe SSE Arena, Belfast - Belfast West Lounge - Erasure May 10 2022 18:31Tuesday 18:31The SSE Arena, Belfast - BelfastWest Lounge - ErasureLimited Availability
- 24/05/2022Find ticketsP&J Live, Aberdeen - Aberdeen Erasure May 24 2022 18:00Tuesday 18:00P&J Live, Aberdeen - AberdeenErasureLow Availability
- 25/05/2022Find ticketsMotorpoint Arena Nottingham - Nottingham Erasure May 25 2022 18:30Wednesday 18:30Motorpoint Arena Nottingham - NottinghamErasureLow Availability
- 26/05/2022Find ticketsFirst Direct Arena - Leeds Erasure May 26 2022 18:00Thursday 18:00First Direct Arena - LeedsErasure
- 28/05/2022Find ticketsBonus Arena, Hull - Hull Erasure May 28 2022 18:30Saturday 18:30Bonus Arena, Hull - HullErasureLow Availability
- 29/05/2022Find ticketsM&S Bank Arena Liverpool - Liverpool Erasure May 29 2022 18:30Sunday 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolErasure
International Events1 Events
- 11/05/2022Find tickets3Arena - Dublin, Ireland Erasure May 11 2022 18:30Wednesday 18:303Arena - Dublin, IrelandErasure
The 80s synth-pop pioneers bring The Neon Tour back to the UK by popular demand
After selling out The Neon Tour in October 2021, synth-pop duo Erasure have announced five new UK dates as part of their May 2022 European tour.
Formed by Andy Bell and Vince Clarke in 1985, Erasure quickly established themselves as leading voices in the growing synth-pop scene, going on to inspire 90s electronic culture and to become prominent figures in the LGBT+ community.
Having previously co-founded Depeche Mode and teamed up with Alison Moyet on their Yaz project, Clarke decided to form Erasure in the mid-80s. Placing an advert in a UK music magazine searching for a vocalist, he selected Bell from a plethora of demo tapes. Together, the pair released their debut album a year later. Although failing to make much of an impact at the time, it started a prolific period that would see Erasure release a further eight albums before the turn of the millennium.
Sometimes, the lead single from their 1987 album The Circus, marked their first UK chart success, climbing to No.2 on he official singles chart upon release. The full-length followed suit, reaching No.6, and paving the way for their first No.1 album a year later. The Innocents saw Erasure break ground in the United States as well as in the UK, and featured the hugely influential A Little Respect and Chains Of Love.
Erasure's success continued across the following three records, all of which reached the top spot on the UK album charts. They also celebrated their first UK No.1 single with their Abba-Esque EP. Their 1994 album I Say I Say I Say housed the huge single Always which re-established their prominence across the pond. The band's self-titled record followed in 1995, with Cowboy released in 1997. By the end of the '90s Erasure had released a total of eight studio albums alongside an early compilation record and various EPs.
Showing no signs of slowing down, Loveboat arrived in 2000 and marked the first of five studio albums released in the '00s. The band took their longest break between records from 2007's Light At The End Of The Tunnel until 2011's Tomorrow's World. It would however be Erasure's 17th full-length that would return them to the upper tier of the UK charts, with 2017's World Be Gone securing them a No.6 peak. In celebration, the band joined Robbie Williams on his summer stadium tour.
Building on the album's success, Bell and Clarke unveiled The Neon in August 2020. Noted for its return to comparably carefree synth-pop, the record entered the official UK album chart at No.4 and marked Erasure's highest position since 1994's I Say I Say I Say. A year later the remix album was released, which also featured the brand new single Secrets. Coinciding with the start of The Neon Tour in October 2021, the duo released the extended play Ne:Ep.
Erasure announced headline dates across the UK for May 2022.
Erasure announced headline UK dates in the following towns and cities:
Erasure tickets for May 2022 are available from 10:00 on Friday 29 October 2021.