6 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom5 Events
- Aug 18Aug18Tue 20:00Virtual Event - Virtual EventOscar Jerome - Breathe Deep Album LaunchOn partner siteFind tickets Virtual Event - Virtual EventOscar Jerome - Breathe Deep Album LaunchAug 18 20:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Nov 18Nov18Find ticketsWed 19:30Manchester Gorilla - ManchesterOscar JeromeOn partner site
- Nov 22Nov22Sun 19:30The Fleece - BristolOscar JeromeOn partner siteFind tickets The Fleece - BristolOscar JeromeNov 22 19:30Find ticketsOn partner site
- Jun 11 2021Jun112021Fri 14:00Kirtlington Park - OxfordshireKite - Weekend Camping TicketOn partner siteFind tickets Kirtlington Park - OxfordshireKite - Weekend Camping TicketJun 11 202114:00Find ticketsOn partner site
International Events1 Events
- Aug 18Aug18Tue 20:00Virtual Event - Virtual Event, D2, IrelandOscar Jerome - Breathe Deep Album LaunchOn partner siteFind tickets Virtual Event - Virtual Event, D2, IrelandOscar Jerome - Breathe Deep Album LaunchAug 18 20:00Find ticketsOn partner site
Launching his debut album with a live stream gig on 18 August 2020
South London jazz fusion talent Oscar Jerome got into music from a very young age. The versatile singer-songwriter and guitarist was born in Norwich and influenced early on by artists ranging from Jimi Hendrix and B.B. King to George Benson, The Clash, Gil Scott-Heron and many more.
Jerome attended Trinity College of Music in London, where he pursued a jazz degree, and went on to become a staple of the capital’s burgeoning jazz scene, collaborating with everyone from Shabaka Hutchings to Yussef Dayes.
In addition to Jerome’s solo career, he also plays in the Afrobeat group Kokoroko. A collective of musical innovators, they experiment with fashioning West African rhythms in new ways as well as delivering songs with a history lesson.
Over the years Jerome released a steady stream of music that includes the tracks You Take Me, Where Are Your Branches?, Do You Really and Smile On A Screen. His songwriting draws upon everything from politics to spirituality, and he always strives to make music with sincerity.
Early in 2020, Jerome unveiled the single Sun For Someone, which explored the climate crisis. A few months later he offered Your Saint featuring Brother Portrait, followed by the single Give Back What U Stole From Me, a variation of an older song from 2016. In July 2020, Jerome released Joy Is You, written in celebration of the birth of his nephew.
All of this new music formed part of his debut solo album, Breathe Deep, released on 14 August 2020. The 11-track collection includes an array of collaborators including fellow Kokoroko bandmates as well as Joe Armon-Jones, Sons Of Kemet, Maisha, Steam Down and Lianne La Havas.
Alongside the release of Breathe Deep, Jerome announced a live stream performance with a full band from The Room Studios in London on 18 August 2020.
Oscar Jerome is performing a one-off live stream show from London on 18 August 2020 to celebrate the release of his debut album. The rising jazz star will play tracks from Breathe Deep live for the very first time along with some old favourites.
Oscar Jerome will perform alongside a band made up of Lily Carassik on trumpet, Tom Driessler on bass and Ayo Salawu on drums, with several special guests.
Oscar Jerome was born in Norwich. He has been living in south London since his late 20s.
Oscar Jerome studied at London’s Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance. A composer, singer and guitarist, his music spans numerous genres blending elements of jazz, hip hop, funk, R&B, soul and more.
Oscar Jerome’s debut solo album Breathe Deep comes out on 14 August 2020. He’s also released a couple of EPs – 2016’s Oscar Jerome and 2018’s Where Are Your Branches?
Oscar Jerome’s most popular songs include the following:
- Give Back What You Stole From Me
- Sun For Someone
- Evil Song
- 2 Sides
- Where Are Your Branches
- Lizard Street