7 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom7 Events
- Apr 05 2021Apr052021Find ticketsMon 19:00O2 Institute2 Birmingham - BirminghamStand Atlantic
- Apr 07 2021Apr072021Find ticketsWed 19:30Southampton 1865 - SouthamptonStand AtlanticOn partner site
- Apr 09 2021Apr092021Find ticketsFri 18:00O2 Academy Islington - LondonStand Atlantic
- Apr 11 2021Apr112021Find ticketsSun 18:00Manchester Club Academy - ManchesterStand Atlantic
- Apr 12 2021Apr122021Find ticketsMon 19:00SWG3 - GlasgowStand Atlantic
- Apr 12 2021Apr122021Mon 19:00SWG3 - GlasgowStand AtlanticOn partner siteFind tickets SWG3 - GlasgowStand AtlanticApr 12 202119:00Find ticketsOn partner site
- Apr 10 2021Apr102021Find ticketsSat 18:30Rescue Rooms - NottinghamStand AtlanticOn partner site
The Aussie pop-punks return in April 2021 with the Pink Elephant tour
After early incarnations under other names, pop-punk outfit Stand Atlantic formed in 2014 with a desire to be inventive, take risks and push boundaries. Hailing from Sydney, their music features the dynamic vocal talents of Bonnie Fraser backed by guitarist David Potter, bassist Miki Rich and drummer Jonno Panichi.
Stand Atlantic’s first offerings were a few self-released singles and the EP A Place Apart. These got the four-piece signed by Rude Records in 2017, with the single Coffee At Midnight and the EP Sidewinder following soon after. That summer the band also landed an opening slot touring Australia with New Found Glory.
In 2018, Stand Atlantic appeared on the popular Australian Triple J alternative radio station where they premiered the track Lavender Bones. The very next day Hopeless Records signed them, and a month later Stand Atlantic released their debut full-length album Skinny Dipping, recorded with producer Stevie Knight (The Dead Love, With Confidence). A critically acclaimed success, it not only contained the hits Lost My Cool and Toothpick, but also got the band nominated for Best Breakthrough Artist Of 2018 at the Heavy Music Awards.
In addition to touring their home country, Stand Atlantic spent the next two years travelling around the world performing shows in North America, Europe and the UK.
Often compared to angst-filled bands like fellow Aussies Tonight Alive and New Yorkers We Are The In Crowd, the quartet truly channeled their unbridled energy in their follow-up. Out on 7 August 2020, Pink Elephant was recorded with trusted producer Knight. Fraser described their creative process as having to push through uncomfortable experiences, confrontations with people and other things blocking them – in essence, they had to come to terms with a “pink elephant” one song at a time.
In July 2020, Stand Atlantic announced an eight-city headline UK tour for April 2021.
Stand Atlantic are bringing their Pink Elephant tour, in support of the album by the same name, to the UK in April 2021.
Special guests are still to be announced.
Stand Atlantic formed in Sydney, Australia and are comprised of Bonnie Fraser, David Potter, Miki Rich and Jonno Panichi.
Inspired by many different bands and artists, Stand Atlantic are best described as a melodic pop-punk quartet.
Stand Atlantic’s debut album Skinny Dipping was released in 2018. Their follow-up Pink Elephant is out on 7 August 2020.
Stand Atlantic’s most popular songs include:
- Hate Me
- Coffee At Midnight
- Lavender Bones
- Jurassic Park
- Lost My Cool