8 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom8 Events
- Mar 04 2021Mar042021Find ticketsThu 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowCirca WavesLow Availability
- Mar 06 2021Mar062021Find ticketsSat 19:00Liverpool Guild of Students - Mountford Hall - LiverpoolCirca WavesLimited Availability
- Mar 09 2021Mar092021Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Leicester - LeicesterCirca WavesLow Availability
- Mar 10 2021Mar102021Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonCirca Waves
- Mar 13 2021Mar132021Find ticketsSat 18:30Waterfront - NorwichCirca Waves
- Mar 14 2021Mar142021Find ticketsSun 19:30Tramshed - CardiffCirca WavesLimited Availability
- May 28 2021May282021Find ticketsFri 15:30Victoria Park - WarringtonNeighbourhood Weekender - Friday Ticket
- May 28 2021May282021Fri 15:30Victoria Park - WarringtonNeighbourhood Weekender - Friday Upgrade TicketFind ticketsVictoria Park - WarringtonNeighbourhood Weekender - Friday Upgrade TicketMay 28 202115:30Find tickets
The Liverpudlians tour the UK in early 2021
Formed in 2013, Circa Waves are an indie rock band made up of Kieran Shudall, Sam Rourke, Joe Falconer and Colin Jones.
The first music they released was a double A-side single, Get Away / Good For Me, in December 2013.
Circa Waves’ debut album, Young Chasers, came out in 2015 and broke into the top 10 of the official UK albums chart.
Growing both musically and lyrically, two years later they followed it up with Different Creatures, a collection of songs that delves into heavier topics like politics and global struggles.
Firing on all cylinders, Circa Waves’ third studio album is 2019’s critically acclaimed What'’s It Like Over There, which defies classification by showcasing an array of music genres including pop, rock and hip hop.
In early 2020, the band unveiled their latest project: Sad Happy. This album has a unique format, comprised of two distinctly different sides. The Sad side came out in January 2020 and was then united with the Happy side in March 2020 – together making the full physical release.
Circa Waves are one of the biggest bands to come out of Liverpool in recent years.
In 2013, vocalist Kieran Shudall met bassist Sam Rourke and former drummer Sian Plummer through friends at Liverpool Sound City. They joined up with guitarist Joe Falconer a year later. In 2015, Plummer left the band and was replaced by Colin Jones on drums.
By definition, circa is Latin for "around", while waves are "oscillations that carry energy". So you could say Circa Waves means "around energy oscillators".
The Liverpool four-piece play an appealing and edgy style of indie rock which has won them an ever-growing global fan base.
Circa Waves first entered the singles charts with three songs from their debut album Young Chasers: So Long, Stuck In My Teeth and T-Shirt Weather. The 2018 single Movies and 2019 track Jacqueline have also appeared in the charts. Other popular songs by Circa Waves include Times Won't Change Me, Move To San Francisco and Battered & Bruised.
Circa Waves released the second side of their most recent album Sad Happy in March 2020. Since then, they have also unveiled five more tracks created at home during lockdown that didn’t make this record but are still incredible songs. This new EP titled Sadder Happier is also out now.
Circa Waves are touring their latest studio album Sad Happy throughout the UK during March 2021.
Circa Waves will kick off their 2021 UK tour in Glasgow on 4 March 2021 and then head to Liverpool, Leicester, London, Keele and Norwich, before wrapping up in Cardiff on 14 March 2021.
Tickets for Circa Waves’ 2020 tour start from £18.15. Booking & per order delivery fees may apply, delivery cost will vary depending on selected delivery method between £0.70 – £4.95.