7 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom7 Events
- Aug 10Aug10Find ticketsTue 19:30Tramshed - CardiffCirca WavesLimited Availability
- Aug 11Aug11Find ticketsWed 19:00O2 Academy Leicester - LeicesterCirca WavesLimited Availability
- Aug 14Aug14Find ticketsSat 19:00Liverpool Guild of Students - Mountford Hall - LiverpoolCirca WavesLimited Availability
- Aug 17Aug17Find ticketsTue 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowCirca WavesLow Availability
- Aug 19Aug19Find ticketsThu 18:30Waterfront - NorwichCirca WavesLimited Availability
- Aug 20Aug20Find ticketsFri 19:00O2 Academy Brixton - LondonCirca WavesLow Availability
- Sep 03Sep03Find ticketsFri 15:30Victoria Park - WarringtonNeighbourhood Weekender - Friday Upgrade TicketLow Availability
The Liverpudlian four-piece
Formed in 2013, Circa Waves are an indie rock band made up of Kieran Shudall, Sam Rourke, Joe Falconer and Colin Jones.
The first music they released was a double A-side single, Get Away / Good For Me, in December 2013.
Circa Waves’ debut album, Young Chasers, came out in 2015 and broke into the top 10 of the official UK albums chart.
Growing both musically and lyrically, two years later they followed it up with Different Creatures, a collection of songs that delves into heavier topics like politics and global struggles.
Firing on all cylinders, Circa Waves’ third studio album is 2019’s critically acclaimed What'’s It Like Over There, which defies classification by showcasing an array of music genres including pop, rock and hip hop.
In early 2020, the band unveiled their latest project: Sad Happy. This album has a unique format, comprised of two distinctly different sides. The Sad side came out in January 2020 and was then united with the Happy side in March 2020 – together making the full physical release.
On 4 March 2021, Circa Waves announced rescheduled dates for their headline UK tour on 10 – 20 August 2021 .
Circa Waves 2021 UK tour dates
- 10 August 2021 – Tramshed, Cardiff
- 11 August 2021 – O2 Academy Leicester
- 14 August 2021 – Jimmy's (matinee) & Uni The Mountford Hall, Liverpool
- 19 August 2021 – Norwich Waterfront
- 20 August 2021 – O2 Brixton Academy, London
Circa Waves are touring their latest studio album Sad Happy throughout the UK from 10 – 20 August 2021.
Circa Waves will be stopping in the following UK cities:
- Liverpool (for two shows)
Tickets for Circa Waves’ 2021 tour dates are on sale now. Original tickets remain valid for rescheduled dates.
Circa Waves are one of the biggest bands to come out of Liverpool in recent years.
In 2013, vocalist Kieran Shudall met bassist Sam Rourke and former drummer Sian Plummer through friends at Liverpool Sound City. They joined up with guitarist Joe Falconer a year later. In 2015, Plummer left the band and was replaced by Colin Jones on drums.
By definition, circa is Latin for "around", while waves are "oscillations that carry energy". So you could say Circa Waves means "around energy oscillators".
The Liverpool four-piece play an appealing and edgy style of indie rock which has won them an ever-growing global fan base.
Circa Waves first entered the singles charts with three songs from their debut album Young Chasers: So Long, Stuck In My Teeth and T-Shirt Weather. The 2018 single Movies and 2019 track Jacqueline have also appeared in the charts. Other popular songs by Circa Waves include Times Won't Change Me, Move To San Francisco and Battered & Bruised.
Circa Waves released the second side of their most recent album Sad Happy in March 2020. Since then, they have also unveiled five more tracks created at home during lockdown that didn’t make this record but are still incredible songs. This new EP titled Sadder Happier is also out now.