A Question of Sport Live
16 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom16 Events
- Sep 08 2021Sep082021Find ticketsWed 19:00Bridgewater Hall - ManchesterA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Sep 11 2021Sep112021Find ticketsSat 19:00Royal Concert Hall Notts - NottinghamA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Sep 12 2021Sep122021Find ticketsSun 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Sep 15 2021Sep152021Find ticketsWed 19:00Plymouth Pavilions - PlymouthA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Sep 17 2021Sep172021Find ticketsFri 19:30Bonus Arena, Hull - HullA Question of Sport Live
- Sep 18 2021Sep182021Find ticketsSat 18:30Motorpoint Arena Cardiff - CardiffA Question of Sport Live
- Sep 19 2021Sep192021Find ticketsSun 19:30Sheffield City Hall Oval Hall - SheffieldA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Sep 23 2021Sep232021Find ticketsThu 18:30SEC Armadillo - GlasgowA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Sep 24 2021Sep242021Find ticketsFri 19:00Usher Hall - EdinburghA Question of Sport Live
- Sep 27 2021Sep272021Find ticketsMon 19:00The London Palladium - LondonA Question of Sport LiveLimited Availability
- Nov 21 2021Nov212021Find ticketsSun 19:30Eventim Apollo - LondonA Question of Sport
- Nov 24 2021Nov242021Find ticketsWed 18:30O2 City Hall, Newcastle - Newcastle Upon TyneA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Nov 28 2021Nov282021Find ticketsSun 18:30First Direct Arena - LeedsA Question of Sport Live
- Nov 29 2021Nov292021Find ticketsMon 18:30M&S Bank Arena Liverpool - LiverpoolA Question of Sport Live
- Nov 30 2021Nov302021Find ticketsTue 18:30Mayflower Theatre - SouthamptonA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
- Dec 05 2021Dec052021Find ticketsSun 19:00Symphony Hall - BirminghamA Question of Sport LiveLow Availability
The world’s longest running TV sports quiz
BBC’s A Question Of Sport first aired in January 1970. Since then, more than 2,000 of the biggest names in British and international sport have appeared across over 1,000 episodes.
The cast of the sporting quiz show is comprised of a host and two captains with four celebrity guest panelists each episode. David Vine, the first presenter of A Question Of Sport, helmed seven series before being succeeded by David Coleman in 1979. Tennis champion Sue Barker took the reins in 1997.
A Question Of Sport’s first two captains were boxer Henry Cooper and Welsh rugby star Cliff Morgan. Since its debut, numerous athletes from across the sporting spectrum have been captains. Former England Rugby Union team leader Bill Beaumont and Scottish footballer Ally McCoist held the longest tenures on the show.
In 2004, former rugby player Matt Dawson, a part of England’s 2003 World Cup-winning side, replaced Frankie Dettori as team captain. Spin bowler Phil “Tuffers” Tufnell – who picked up 1,057 wickets across a long cricketing career – took over from McCoist in 2008.
As part of the hit show’s 50th anniversary celebration, A Question Of Sport teamed up with Sport Relief in early 2020 for a star-studded special, with some of the nation’s favourite comedians showing off their sporting knowledge (or lack thereof).
In autumn 2020, it was revealed that Barker, Tufnell and Dawson would step down from A Question Of Sport in 2021. It was also confirmed that the long-time host and popular team captains would hit the road from September to December 2021 for the show's biggest ever live tour.
“I cannot believe 2021 marks 24 years since I first joined A Question Of Sport and I cannot think of a better way to bring the curtain down on my time on the show than with a live tour,” said Barker. “The live shows are always hilarious, the interaction with the guests and the audience so special, we cannot wait for this.”
A Question Of Sport Live's 2021 UK tour dates
- 8 September 2021 – Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
- 11 September 2021 – Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham
- 12 September 2021 – Brighton Centre
- 15 September 2021 – Plymouth Pavilions
- 17 September 2021 – Bonus Arena, Hull
- 18 September 2021 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- 19 September 2021 – Sheffield City Hall
- 23 September 2021 – SEC Armadillo, Glasgow
- 24 September 2021 – Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- 27 September 2021 – London Palladium
- 21 November 2021 – Eventim Apollo, London
- 24 November 2021 – Newcastle City Hall
- 28 November 2021 – Leeds Arena
- 29 November 2021 – M&S Bank Arena, Liverpool
- 30 November 2021 – Mayflower Theatre, Southampton
- 5 December 2021 – Symphony Hall, Birmingham
A Question Of Sport Live tours the UK with an all-new show from 8 September – 5 December 2021.
Catch A Question Of Sport's 2021 live tour in the following the UK cities:
- London (for two shows)
This will be A Question Of Sport’s first tour since 2011, with the live shows offering a fun-packed, joyous lap of honour for Sue Barker, Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell. Similar to the small-screen format, audiences will be treated to many of their favourite rounds and challenges as well as enjoy some interactive elements – like being able to directly pose questions to the teams. In addition to the Sprint Finish climax, expect to see a host of big-name guests from across the sporting world as panellists.
Tickets for A Question Of Sport Live's 2021 tour dates go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 20 November 2020.