Alternative and Indie
6 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom6 Events
- Jun 12 2021Jun122021Sat 19:00O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterThom Yorke - Tommorrow's Modern BoxesLimited AvailabilityFind ticketsO2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterThom Yorke - Tommorrow's Modern BoxesJun 12 202119:00Find tickets
- Jun 13 2021Jun132021Sun 19:00O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterThom Yorke - Tommorrow's Modern BoxesLow AvailabilityFind ticketsO2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester - ManchesterThom Yorke - Tommorrow's Modern BoxesJun 13 202119:00Find tickets
- Jun 15 2021Jun152021Find ticketsTue 19:00Eventim Apollo - LondonThom YorkeLimited Availability
- Jun 16 2021Jun162021Find ticketsWed 19:00Eventim Apollo - LondonThom YorkeLimited Availability
- Jun 18 2021Jun182021Find ticketsFri 18:30The SSE Hydro - GlasgowThom Yorke
- Jun 23 2021Jun232021Find ticketsWed 18:30The Brighton Centre - BrightonThom Yorke
Touring the UK in support of ANIMA in 2021
Buy Thom Yorke's new album ANIMA here
Thom Yorke has been the frontman of British indie superstars Radiohead since the band’s earliest days in Oxford. As their records moved away from the guitar-driven indie that made them hugely successful and further into more experimental and eclectic territory, Yorke’s voice became the only constant, a high and mournful keening that is instantly recognisable in any context.
In the ’90s, as the band’s star rose, Yorke began to step outside of its boundaries to collaborate with other similarly minded acts, such as Drugstore, Sparklehorse, UNKLE, PJ Harvey and Björk. Still, it wasn’t until May 2006 that he announced his first solo album, The Eraser. The album, recorded with regular Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, marked another stop on the journey into electronic territory that Yorke had begun in his day job since the turn of the millennium. It was nominated for the Mercury Prize and a Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album.
This solo dalliance looked to be just that, as Radiohead quickly released In Rainbows in 2007. However, two years later Yorke unveiled Atoms For Peace, his band with Godrich, Flea (of the Red Hot Chili Peppers), and in-demand session musicians Joey Waronker and Mauro Refosco. The band played three dates in LA, followed by a 2010 tour, before releasing their debut album Amok in 2013.
Yorke returned with a second solo album, Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes, in 2014. True to form, there was little build-up and the album was cryptically announced via clues on social media and then released via BitTorrent and later via Bandcamp before XL released it on CD and vinyl. It was downloaded one million times from BitTorrent in its first six days.
While Radiohead remained Yorke’s focus, his extracurricular activities became more prominent. In 2017, he announced that he was composing the score for Luca Guadagnino’s remake of Suspiria. His soundtrack to the horror film came out in late 2018. Shortly afterwards, Yorke was back with his third solo album, ANIMA, accompanied by a short film directed by Paul Thomas Anderson (The Master, Phantom Thread).
Thom Yorke announced a 2020 UK tour to support the record, but these dates were later rescheduled for June 2021 along with a further date in Brighton.
Thom Yorke is playing in the following cities on his 2021 UK tour:
• Manchester (two shows)
• London (two shows)
Thom Yorke has announced a UK tour for June 2021.
The special guest for Thom Yorke's 2021 UK tour is James Holden. Holden previously remixed Radiohead's song Reckoner.
Thom Yorke's latest album is ANIMA (2019). His previous solo albums were The Eraser (2006) and Tomorrow's Modern Boxes (2014). He also recorded the film score to Suspiria which was released in 2018.
Thom Yorke is a founding member of Radiohead. He is also a member of Atoms For Peace, alongside Nigel Godrich, Flea, Joey Waronker and Mauro Refosco.