Angels and Airwaves
8 Upcoming Events
United Kingdom8 Events
- 10/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Leeds - Leeds Angels and Airwaves Mar 10 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00O2 Academy Leeds - LeedsAngels and Airwaves
- 11/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Birmingham - Birmingham Angels and Airwaves Mar 11 2022 19:00Friday 19:00O2 Academy Birmingham - BirminghamAngels and Airwaves
- 12/03/2022Find ticketsManchester Academy - Manchester Angels and Airwaves Mar 12 2022 19:00Saturday 19:00Manchester Academy - ManchesterAngels and AirwavesLimited Availability
- 13/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Glasgow - Glasgow Angels and Airwaves Mar 13 2022 19:00Sunday 19:00O2 Academy Glasgow - GlasgowAngels and AirwavesLow Availability
- 15/03/2022Find ticketsRock City - Nottingham Angels and Airwaves Mar 15 2022 19:00Tuesday 19:00Rock City - NottinghamAngels and Airwaves
- 16/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Academy Bristol - Bristol Angels and Airwaves Mar 16 2022 19:00Wednesday 19:00O2 Academy Bristol - BristolAngels and AirwavesLimited Availability
- 17/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Forum Kentish Town - London Angels and Airwaves Mar 17 2022 19:00Thursday 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonAngels and AirwavesLimited Availability
- 18/03/2022Find ticketsO2 Forum Kentish Town - London Angels and Airwaves Mar 18 2022 19:00Friday 19:00O2 Forum Kentish Town - LondonAngels and AirwavesLow Availability
Atmospheric alt-rockers blending raw energy with a striking visual aesthetic
California rock supergroup Angels & Airwaves were conceived by blink-182’s co-founder Tom DeLonge shortly before the band’s first break-up in 2005. For his new project, DeLonge enlisted three seasoned pop-punk musicians including his school friend and former Hazen Street guitarist David Kennedy, former bass guitarist of The Distillers Ryan Sinn and then-drummer of The Offspring Adam “Atom” Willard.
Also going by the nickname AVA – a reference to DeLonge’s daughter and an acronym with the “V” representing an upside down “A” for “And” – they began recording material immediately. After a fan hacked DeLonge’s email account and stole four demos, Angels & Airwaves were forced to release their lead single The Adventure prematurely in May 2006, trailed days later by the full debut album We Don’t Need To Whisper. Although reviews were mixed, it peaked at No.4 on the Billboard 200 and No.6 on the UK albums chart.
The following year their profile grew due to touring and the release of three more singles: The War, Do It For Me Now and It Hurts. In 2007, Sinn departed Angels & Airwaves, with the former bass guitarist of Thirty Seconds To Mars Matt Wachter coming on board to fill his shoes. Plus, AVA’s sophomore album I-Empire came out that November, after being leaked on the internet before its intended release.
The band hit the road again in 2008 on The Warped Tour and in support of Weezer, but took a break from performing in 2009 after DeLonge hopped onstage at the Grammys with his former blink-182 mates and announced a reunion.
Although busy with blink-182, the prolific DeLonge still found time to helm the recording and release Angels & Airwave’s third and fourth albums – Love and Love: Part II – in 2010 and 2011. Between those albums, Willard left AVA and former Nine Inch Nails drummer Ilan Rubin replaced him. In line with DeLonge’s vision for the group to create not just music but multimedia experiences, the sci-fi movie Love directed by William Eubank accompanied the albums in 2011.
Angels & Airwaves sixth album The Dream Walker arrived in 2014 and was complemented by a graphic novel, comic books and a short film called Poet Anderson, co-directed by DeLonge himself.
Three EPs followed after that: 2015’s …Of Nightmares, 2016’s Chasing Shadows and 2017’s We Don’t Need To Whisper Acoustic. During the mid to late ’10s, Wachter left the line-up and was replaced by Thrice’s Eddie Breckenridge, while DeLonge parted ways with blink-182 for the second time. Breckenridge would also leave AVA in 2019, with former Taking Back Sunday member Matt Rubano taking over on bass guitar.
From 2019 to 2021, Angels & Airwaves unveiled a string of singles including Rebel Girl, All That’s Left Is Love, Kiss & Tell and Euphoria. In June 2021, the band revealed their sixth album Lifeforms would be released on 24 September 2021 and followed by a tour stopping in the UK for seven dates in March 2022.
Angels & Airwaves: Lifeforms Tour 2022 UK dates
- 10 March 2022 – O2 Academy Leeds
- 11 March 2022 – O2 Academy Birmingham
- 12 March 2022 – Manchester Academy
- 13 March 2022 – O2 Academy Glasgow
- 15 March 2022 – Rock City, Nottingham
- 16 March 2022 – O2 Academy Bristol
- 17 March 2022 – O2 Forum Kentish Town, London
- 17 March 2022 – O2 Forum Kentish Town, London (new date added)
Extra London date added
Angels & Airwaves have added another O2 Forum Kentish Town date on Friday 18 March 2022. Tickets on sale now.
Angels & Airwaves announce 2022 UK tour
The band are bringing the Lifeforms Tour in support of their forthcoming album by the same name across the country in March next year. Tickets go on sale from 09:00 on Friday 25 June 2021.
Angels & Airwaves are touring the UK from 10 – 18 March 2022.
Angels & Airwaves will be visiting the following UK cities in 2022:
Tickets for Angels & Airwaves tour dates are on sale now.